Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thing 4

Ok, so here's the thing. I don't really like RSS. It's kind of overwhelming, and I can't see many terribly useful applications in the Science realm. Maybe someone can help me with this. I was really reaching to find five things I even cared about subscribing to. There are a limited number of sites for which this type of technology is even useful. Many of those seem to provide SO much new information that having it all in one place is not the only obstacle to accessing it. There is simply TOO much information in the few, broad categories that provided me with RSS feeds. Perhaps if I spent more time looking for these types of sites I would find something more useful. I do not feel that I will implement the use of RSS in my personal use of technology or in my classroom. Perhaps someone has more understanding of this or has actually used it in a classroom setting. Please! Enlighten me. I want it to be useful, I just don't really feel that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment